To me, first and foremost it’s about the taste, texture and mix of flavours in my cakes and bakes
I use top notch ingredients and source locally where possible. Always pure butter, real cream, juicy lemons, free range eggs. I learnt a lot from my Grandma to never scrimp on ingredients. I’m the proud owner of her secret recipe for Christmas pud and I can safely say that one more slug of brandy can make all the difference!
Some of my signature bakes include:
- Bakewell tart – Sweet shortcrust pastry case, deep filled with almond sponge and jam, topped with toasted almonds
- Lemon tart – Simple sweet shortcrust pastry case filled with zingy set lemon filling
- Lemon drizzle cake - Filled and decorated side and top with lemon curd buttercream
- Vanilla sponge - Topped and covered with white chocolate buttercream and raspberry jam
- Chocolate fudge cake – Rich chocolate fudge cake with dark chocolate ganache
- Victoria sponge cake – Simply filled with vanilla buttercream and jam
- Carrot cake – topped and covered with cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with walnuts
- Rich and Boozy Fruit Cake – Great Taste Gold Star 2015 – What it says on the tin. This is the same recipe I use for my Christmas Cakes. Careful attention to fruit soaking and cake feeding is the key here.
- Salted Caramel Brownie Cake – Rich Chocolate Fudge Cake filled and covered with salted caramel buttercream and topped with salted caramel brownies and caramel drizzle.
- After Eight Mint Cake – Rich Chocolate Fudge Cake filled with peppermint buttercream and covered with after eight chocolate ganache, topped with after eight mints.
Many of these cakes freeze well – so if you like to plan ahead, I can help.
For celebrations and weddings
Most of my signature bakes can be custom decorated with buttercream, fresh/silk flowers, edible flowers, truffles, cigarillos, macarons, even jelly sweets. Often I make a three-tier stacked vanilla sponge or a brownie tower that’s decorated with the flowers that match the wedding table decorations and bouquet. Simple, delicious and beautiful.
The Chocolate Brownie tower you put together for our wedding cake looked absolutely amazing and was decorated / accessorised to perfection. I really could not have asked for anything better.
I would strongly recommend you to anyone looking for a cake that is excellent quality and unbeatable taste. Thank you so much for helping to make my day so fabulous.Sylvie Venables